Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Low Tech Practice Idea.

Why do we practice, to become better? How do we become even better, better; We practice better? You know the old cliché, “Don’t practice harder, practice smarter. You practice, write down the results of the practice. Take that data, and then establish benchmarks. Then raise those benchmarks over time. For example I have a routine to throw 100 darts at the 20, and count how many times I hit the triple.


 I used to get a piece of paper and write 3, 6, 9, …to 33 (3darts/1round x 33 =99. Yeah 99 isn’t 100 but close enough). I didn’t really like having to stop, pick up a pen, then write down the result of each round. Then one day I was going through an office supply store and found those tally counter things. It occurred to me I could buy 2. Mark one “Rounds” and the other “Hits”. This way I didn’t have to stop to pick up a pen between rounds, the tally counters would do the calculations for me. 



Then at the end of the practice drill write down the result. This is a lot easier.






No comments:

Post a Comment