Sunday, October 14, 2018

My Darts

I use Laserdarts, Eagles with Cosmo flights and shafts. I like them so much I have 5 sets. 2 set of 24 gram, 2 sets of 21 gram, and a set of 20 gram soft-tip. I believe in having a set of backup barrels in case something should happen. I also rotate them so they both get worn. So if I have to switch, the switch goes unnoticed.You don't want to be on the line and have the thought of, "Oh this is what a new set feels like" or whatever distract you from the task at hand. The nice thing about this line of darts is that they all have the same balance point, so if you switch from 24 gram to 21 gram; or from steel tip to soft tip it doesn't take long to get comfortable.

Ok, right to the point. In my experience the Laserdart point is the best point you can get. It has a nice taper and a black oxide coating that grips the board. 

Recently I've been throwing spinning flights. Not because of the flights spinning out of the way of the incoming dart theory, but because when I release my dart, it spins. This way the flight doesn't spin and affect the trajectory of my dart. Because I throw on a steel tip board, this effect is more observable because the darts stay in the board the way they entered. 

After many years of experimentation, I also use a standard flight because they make the dart fly straight and they enter the board at a good angle for me. This is not the same for everybody.  This is why they make so many different shapes and sizes of shaft and flights.

Now to the barrels. I like the Eagle because they have a distinctive knurl and groove pattern. It's really easy to grip this dart in the same place consistently. They measure 49mm x 6.7mm. They are not super skinny, but for the way I hold the dart, the thicker dart gives me more control. There are better player than me that use a thicker dart.


No comments:

Post a Comment