Monday, September 19, 2022

He's Back ...It's like the first day of school all over again

 

He's Back ...It's like the first day of school all over again
The last 9 months have given me time to think about a lot of different ideas. How does a person get better playing darts? Sure you can practice 5 hours a day, that will get you so far, but what are you doing to improve the thing throwing the darts? The body and mind are easy to neglect in a sport like darts. After getting home late after drinking and eating bar food, who want s go beyond practice?

What are you going to do with your life? With the passing of Len Dawson at the age of 89 had me thinking. Sure that's 36 years older than me, but lets look at it the other way around. Lets go 36 years back. That's 1986, just 1 year before I graduated high school. That's not that long really. I mean I started throwing dart in 1992. That's all considering I live to the ripe old age of 89. I don't want to look back at my life thinking, I should have really applied myself. Lets see what happens in 2023.

Basically I'm going to explore some ideas and document it here. What do I have to work on. These are from an online doubles tournament last Sunday. If you notice the 501 is way off balance with my cricket. By looking at my cricket numbers, I should be averaging around 40 in 501, not 10 less hovering around 30. 

I don't know what it is with the bullseye of late, but some days, I just don't hit it. I don't know if it's because I practice on a steel tip board, and the larger soft tip bullseye creates the illusion I'm closer to the board. I mean the bullseye is a lot bigger than a triple. I hit more 9 marks than hat tricks. Who does that. ...I don't know, but lets figure it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment