Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Laserdarts "Matt Chornyak" signature darts review

Laserdarts "Matt Chornyak" Signature Darts


Chornyak? Who is Matt Chornyak? 


1. When Did you start playing darts?
Matt: "1999 early 2000"

2. Where Did you start playing darts?
Matt: "At a bar called Smack Daddies that was in Olathe, KS. Won my first tournament there".

3. Why did you start playing darts?
Matt: "Because I like meeting new people. There was a board in the bar that me and a bunch of my friends would play on for fun. They had a tournament one night and we all decided to play. I won and I have been hooked ever since".

4. What was your most memorable moment playing darts?
Matt:  "First one was turning pro in Omaha with Jason Tomlinson. I had wanted to accomplish that for a long time. The second was watching Abby make it to the Final at TOC. The third was being asked to be a part of team Monstah and Horizon".

5. Where did the idea for this dart come from?
Matt: "I used to throw an old back grip dart and when Horizon Darts came out the lazerbitz I saw a grip I like and decided to add it to a dart that I throw already or incorporate it".

Alright, Alright ...He's a proper darts player, Lets see the darts ?

The Full Barrel
Like I said the barrel has a lot of distinctive features about it. First off it's the longest soft-tip barrel I know of at 51mm for a 18 gram dart and it's not "Skinny" really either. I don't throw a skinny. I find I get more control with a fatter dart. I know some people swear by the skinny dart to leave more room in the target, but whats a dart without control?

The Full Barrel Another Perspective
Here you can get a good look at the different groove profiles. A lot of precision work went into making these.

The Back Scallop 
Its a subtle scallop with a "raised box cutout". It gives you fingers good traction without being overly sticky.

The Mid-Section and Front
There you have it. The famous Laserdarts back-cut grooves. Plus that one distinctive groove in the middle. That was a great idea. It's not to give your fingers traction, but rather a distinctive feature to let you know you have the dart gripped right. Then the front are stand grooves with every other spacing.

Summary

The key to playing darts is consistency. consistent stance, consistent grip helps lead to a consistant throw. The design of this dart lends its way into that formula very well. Most signature darts are designed for one particular grip, and if you don't grip it that way, it seem awkward. Matt's dart can accommodate a lot of different grips because it has a lot of distinctive grip points. I like it so much so I'll be getting a couple sets when they come out in a few weeks. Both Soft-Tip and Steel-Tip

No comments:

Post a Comment